March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, March 29, 2018

One More Day~

One more day & we'll be taking Farah to her new barn!  Today, I again scraped a ton of mud & loose hair off her coat - mask on my face.  Under all that mud & hair, her summer coat is coming in.  Once I had her somewhat clean I asked if I could use the outdoor arena, since it had been freshly graded.
Farah - the last day~
 Someone had come out & started the horses in the pasture running.  This put Farah into an extremely animated trot!  I had my hands full, so no photos!  She galloped for quite a while, bucked & loosened up.  I felt bad for not getting her out more this last week.  She had no issues with her new shoes - the footing was pretty deep.
Beyond Tack~
I've ordered a ground tie system from the above vendor.  I think it will come in handy for some grazing time on the farm & make it easy to move her from place to place.  We still have the pasture area to get fenced & the ground will need to be dry enough to let her go there.  I don't see the point of putting her out when all she'll do is make mud.
What I've disliked~
This is the outside door that Farah has used to go from her stall to the paddock.  We put the matts in months ago, since water from the roof also drains here & when things ice up - it's treacherous.  Butch attached the matts with rebar, pounded well into the ground to keep them from slipping.

We have plenty of things to do yet.  I stopped by the storage this afternoon to pick up some items from the tack room.  Butch was there ahead of me, loading the back of the truck!  I think we're both pretty excited to have our own  barn space again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~