March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Westward Ho ~

 Earlier than I'd planned my winter trip, I moved my reservation up a few weeks.  Bike shopping again, we'd found the model I wanted, in Seattle.  

My "ride" at Epley ~
It was another of a string of gorgeous days in the Midwest!  Butch & I had an early dinner before the drive to Eppley.  The airport was the busiest we'd ever seen it, with holiday travelers leaving for home.  I asked the attendants at the door - they had twenty seats left!  Though I'm much better flying than I used to be, I don't enjoy flying at night.  It was a bumpy flight too, with turbulence most of the way.
Seattle Waterfront - Great Wheel & Ferries on the sound~
It was a relief to see the familiar lights of Seattle.  I recognized the Great Wheel & reminisced about the first time we'd enjoyed the ride with Grandson Ben.  

Sea Tac was busy, it was just a short wait for my bag.  Son-in-law David was waiting in the cell phone lot.  It's always wonderful to see him & know the family is waiting for us!

  Sat. morning Courtney & I made the drive to the Green Lake area Seattle.  Our destination was Gregg's Cycle.  
Westbound on the Evergreen Point floating bridge~
Courtney is a total expert when it comes to getting somewhere from anywhere!  She circumnavigates the worst of traffic & can mauver into a small parking space better than anyone besides her dad.
A bike in a box~
I have yet to actually see this bike.  It's been completely built.  The handlebars rotate 90 degrees & pedals fold up too, making it much easier to box than standard bikes.  Alaska has been accommodating, only asking that anything protruding be bubble wrapped.
Loaded into the Armada~
We always try to plan our excursions to include a fun spot or two.  University Village was on our way home. :-)
Ravenna Gardens
This area was the first place Butch & I found employment when we arrived in Seattle.  Butch flew in a hot air balloon to arrive as Santa!  I took the Santa photos as his elf!  In those days, (1981) it was an open-air mall.  Mall management had to buy more candy canes, since Butch handed them out to every child who came by!  He was the youngest Santa they'd ever hired, but said he was by far the best!  His "HO, HO, HO" could be heard far & wide!
A busy place!
Lunch was at Elemental Wood Fired Pizza where we both enjoyed one of the best wedge salads ever!  The days are so short now, especially here!  By the time we left for home, it was almost dark.  I checked & sunset here is currently forty minutes earlier than at home in Glenwood. 

We measured the box; Butch measured the Explorer & the good news?  The box will fit!  My husband said I might as well buy a couple more, since there's room for three boxes! I think he was kidding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~