March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Walk in the Rain~

The rain came!  The humidity went so high last night that it was like walking out into a sauna.  The rain didn't come in until later this morning, but with the lawns starting to burn, it was welcome.
On our porch~
My friend Jean was having her Bible Study today & I decided to get away from all I was doing & walk.  The temperature was only about 75, but with the humidity I wore the lightest rain jacket I had.  It only took a block until I was as wet under the jacket as I was on top!
Heading back home~
 The air smelled so very fresh & it was so quiet out.  Not that there's ever much traffic, but today there was even less.  I wanted to walk the square that would take me up to the tallest hill in our area.
Going up!
It doesn't look as steep as it is!  It is steep!  It got my heart going, that's for sure.  I felt like a slug after a couple weeks of not riding or walking much either.  I've been doing my share of work - mowing, weed-whacking etc., but it's not the same.
At the top~
 I know it's the top, because one of the town's three water towers sits up here!  My knees don't like the downhill, but I do!
Heading down!
 Way, way, way down at the bottom of this hill is the Homeplace.  Our elevation is around 1,016 feet.  The Garmin said that the top of the hill is 1,133.  So in 1.5 miles I'd gained 203 feet of elevation.  Sadly, only burned 110 calories :-(   Riding Farah five-miles of country roads burns about 350 C.
My route~
My average speed, even carrying a bag of fresh tomatoes on the trip home, was 2.9.  Not nearly as fast as Ms. Farah's, but respectable.  Of course when it comes to top speed, the mare has me beat!  I'm hoping the cooler days will last long enough we can get out!

1 comment:

Always Welcome~