March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Reservation Made!

 It may seem like a small thing - but today I was on the phone to Alaska Airlines.  I cancelled next year's birthday flight to WA in February.  I won't even have six-months under my belt by then.  No, I won't be riding Farah for that decade birthday... :-(   I'm totally disappointed...  I just remember I will ride again!

 I've scheduled my flight home, for the day after my six-week check-up!  Coming in on a Thursday afternoon, will give us time to situate me at home over the weekend.  Having the leg heal without complications, is my priority.  I'm glad I didn't sell my stationary bike!  I've adjusted my expectations too.  By the time winter weather breaks, I hope to be back on Speedy & riding the trail.  

Me in my home "office"~
Each day, I'm spending more time up! My leg lets me know when enough is enough. I've got a lot of flexibility back in my ankle & can stretch, rotate & move my foot without pain. All good! I'm anxious to find out when I can start physical therapy, too.
My "Caregiver" Courtney with her hands full!
Courtney has been just super! We've readjusted my brace, so it's no longer cutting into the outside of my ankle, which was creating a pain all it's own! We're getting expert at re-wrapping the leg too. I make the most of each of my trips, but can only take small items & handle the walker. Courtney ends up moving my projects from the living room, out to the kitchen table in the afternoons etc.  It's so exasperating after a meal, to not be able to jump up & help with dishes.  Feeling somewhat helpless is very difficult for me.  I'm actually starting to get the knack of doing latch hook again!  It's not as easy as I'd remembered!
Four of our Five Grandkids!
Josie, Cassidy, Mason, Skyla & Grammy~
A week ago Friday, Oct. 2nd, daughter Jentry drove up from Astoria with Skyla & Josie!  (I was still feeling very yucky.)  They were on their way for a long vacation in the west - to include Yellowstone!   It was so wonderful to see them! Grandson Ben keeps me in suspense - saying he'll visit - then not showing up. Joyce is driving up this week to see me & I'm really looking forward to that.

Butch usually calls once in the morning & in the evening to catch me up on what's going on out his way.  I talk to Nika too - Butch says she does recognize my voice - but he's probably saying that to make me feel better.  When he's away driving activities, Nika stays with Doris & is totally spoiled - I'm sure!

Now, I'm coming up on my third week!  Half-way to going Home!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have that done and have something to look forward to. Sounds like you're improving quickly, I'm so happy for you that your family is there to help and visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaining ground daily. I love my time up here - but this ended up being a little more "extended" than I'd planned - & not much "fun"...

      Delete

Always Welcome~