Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Goodby July!

 The month seemed to never end.  After my third visit to Ortho NE on the 17th, with still no relief, I switched providers.  (I was coming up on two weeks of being unable to walk.)  I called MD West One & they managed to fit me in on the 19th.  (I don't know what I would have done without the help of my friends!)  The Doctor had pulled my x-rays from Ortho NE.  He drained my knee of a terrific amount of fluid & injected it.  The relief was almost instantaneous.  I could put weight on the leg immediately after the procedure & was walking three days later!  

Garden Phlox blooming~
I was so happy to be able to get outside & check things out.  The weeds were trying to take over, I had to close my eyes to that.  Seeing all the flowers doing so well, even without any care these past weeks was great.
White blooming Phlox~
My friend Doris is the one who told me how much she enjoys white blooming flowers, especially the way they can light up areas of shade.
Sharkey's Revenge~
The daylilies put on quite a show.  Sharkey must have bloomed at least ten times!  It's so brilliant against the greens.
Mighty Chestnut~
The copper-colored Mighty Chestnut I bought from Menards several years ago & now have starts from it in at least a dozen places.  Even the newest transplants are blooming.
Zinnias~ 
The Zinnias I planted from seed in April all along the east fence - are the showstoppers!  I'd planted marigolds along here for several years, but last year they didn't do as well as I'd hoped.  I decided to try Zinnias.  I planted two different varieties.  One a shorter height & another medium.  I didn't want to try anything too tall, as I worried the winds would break them down.  They look fantastic from the deck.  The butterflies & bees are on them constantly.
Naturalized Naked Ladies~
I spent hours last year, moving Naked Lady bulbs from all the places I didn't want them, out into the woods.  I planted them in batches.  A couple on the hillside & several more places along an old log further down the hill.  They have become quite the highlight!  Especially when the late afternoon sun shines through their pale pink pedals.

A huge wind & rainstorm blew through about 5:40 p.m. The day went from hot, humid & still, to straight line 80 mph wind & torrential rain.  I'd just come in from the Cabin when I heard a big bang!  I opened the front door to see a limb from the Walnut had broken off & hit the roof of the porch.
Walnut limb down~
I couldn't see any damage & it missed both my good trees & pots of flowers.  We ended up with well over a half inch of badly needed rain & kept power.  Omaha was hit much worse & over 200,000 homes are without power.  They're warning homeowners that it could be a week or more until all power is restored.

Every day, I'm improving.  No thanks at all to Ortho NE & many thanks to MD West One.  After three days of staying off my leg & icing my knee, Monday the 22nd, I took my first step in over two weeks.  I made a goal for each day.  Day one - was to walk to the Cabin.  Day two - was to drive & visit Doris.  Day three - I drove myself to mat making!  Day four - to the grocery store, etc.  This week, I started the power mower & managed to mow around the cabin!  It was all I could do to finish, but it still felt so good!  I never thought I'd say that about mowing!  

Butch will be home soon & we'll be on our way west. Grandson Mason's Celebration of Life will be held on what would have been his 23rd birthday.  It's been almost three-years since my last visit.  Thankfully, Jentry & the girls came to see us last summer.  We plan to drive & Finn is coming with us.  We will be splitting our time between the girl's homes.  It's great to have them both in WA.

Many, many thanks to Joyce for watering all my plants, Kathy for driving me to the far reaches of Omaha!  Karen for bringing me the best ice pack ever & Doris for the moral support!  I'm blessed beyond measure to have such wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~