Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Ending September ~

After days & days of 90-degree weather earlier in September, we ended the month as the fourth wettest in Iowa history.  Omaha was inundated, had multiple areas of flooding & ended the month as the second wettest ever.  Here over a two-day period, we had just under 2.5 inches.  This was after days of gray cloudy skies along with off & on drizzle.

September 20th~
The sedums were in full bloom & I saw more Monarch butterflies than I have in years!  They looked so beautiful with their bright orange wings against the green of the trees.  
Hosta's~
Even with almost a week without sunshine mid-month, the Hosta's put on a stunning show of bright purple blooms to go with the pink of the sedums.  We've had at least one Hummingbird that visited daily.  

9-28 Boxes~
Mid-month, we received word the sale of the house was going through.  The closing date is set for the end of October.  We've hired a moving & estate sale company to go through & set up the house for a sale.  Downsizing is a lot of work!  The morning five ladies arrived, Finnigan was not happy!  He sat by my feet & growled at everyone, even when they tried to make friends with him.  It took two days & now I can't find anything.  They did a super job; I just had to remind them I'm living here for a few more weeks. 

We're making a final trip to spend a few days in Greenfield & Creston while the sale is happening.  It's going to be a relief to scale down & not have this large house & yard to care for.  Especially since I've been doing it mostly on my own for almost five years now.  
9-30 Maverick home overnight~
Butch drove some outrageous miles to make it home for a night.  He hardly had time for a shower & some sleep before he was leaving again.  He'll be home for good in a few days!  Not that he'll have any time to rest, since the POD will arrive & need to be loaded.  We've decided to have the Bronco hauled to WA.  I can drive, but I really doubt my leg would hold up to a weeks' worth.  It'll be much more pleasant to be a passenger princess & enjoy the views.  

We'll make an overnight stop in Sheridan to visit & enjoy dinner with my cousin Jackie before continuing on.  Granddaughter Skyla has a part in the first school play of the season & granddaughter Josie is part of the set designer team!  Our goal is to arrive in plenty of time to see the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~