March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

End Days of August~

I had so looked forward to daughter Courtney & the Grand-kids visit!  The days went by Way too fast!  It seemed like they had only arrived - then they were gone...  Oh lonely me...

When we visited Farah - Courtney had headed in to the stable & before I knew it - led Farah out.  Mason & Cassidy were petting her - giving her cookies & it did my heart good to see she not only remembered them - but had missed them too.
Farah listening~
Today - the two of us were back at Waubonsie - doing what we've been doing for many years now - riding trails.  I thank the Lord for this mare - I've yet to add up the miles we've gone - but it has to close to five-thousand, even with the dismal distances we do here.
Goldenrod~
I think this is a variety of Goldenrod, it was stunning to ride past.  It had been three weeks since we'd last been here & there were a few changes.  All of our work from the BCH work party had held up well!  I didn't have as much trash as usual to pick up, just juice containers from the fire pits & never ending cigarette butts.
Now - water back in the creek~
Temperatures have been in the mid-80's, but humidity has been a little higher.  There was a light breeze & fluffy clouds that cooled things down when they passed under the sun. 

I had Farah's shoes pulled & took her for x-rays mid-month.  The results were great - no mechanical or physical issues with her pasterns or hoof capsules, no coffin bone rotation, no sign of arthritis.  I've left her barefoot for now - no need for shoes on the trails we usually ride.
New picnic table at the three rest stops~
The new picnic tables are Great & won't need the maintenance of the old wood ones.  Many thanks to our new Park Ranger Ryland.  Someone had used blue survey tape to mark a tree that needs to be chain sawed out.  This was Rayland's idea too - we carry the tape - mark the issues - then park personnel can clear it.
Grazing at nose level :-)
Farah is determined that this is our break spot - whether I think we need a break or not.  We'd gotten out of the habit of the lunch breaks that we always had in WA.  For one thing - we're not riding as far & when the bugs are so bad - stopping is a bad idea!  Instead - we kick back for a while when we return to the trailer.
Leaf dancing in mid-air~
When you see the leaves defying gravity & dancing in the air - you know that Fall is just around the corner.  I even managed to capture the spider responsible for the beauty.  Spiders?  We must have gone through 50 webs in ten-miles!  The second time around - a few of them stayed down!  
The rear view~
Farah enjoyed her bath & grazing while I had my snack.  No one was there when we arrived & only two ladies returning to their trailer when we left.  It was so very quiet - it's the quiet here I do really love.  Listening to the sounds of nature is so cathartic to my soul~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~