March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

First of August~

After our ride last Monday, the rain came & trails were closed :-(  This rain was a nice normal rain - it reminded me of a rainy WA day.  No lightening, thunder, or sideways rain.  Just the moisture the farmers were praying for.

When I walked into Farah's stall, she guided me outside & introduced me to the horse on the far side of her paddock.  He's a very nice handsome, young, dark bay QH.  A friendly fellow & much calmer than the crazy Arab she still manages to ignore.
Farah's new fashion statement~
After the hoards of buzzing bugs that attacked us at Lake of Three Fires & seeing what some of the riders in that area use - I ordered a crocheted fly veil for Farah.  I'm going to see if I can find a pattern & try making one just for fun.  It's been years since I've done any crocheting at all - my hands & fingers are a bit stiffer these days.
Down the trail at Waubonsie
I'd heard rumors that the campground at Waubonsie fills up during the week of the Sidney Rodeo - & it's this week!  But when I pulled in, there was only one group of people, without horses, drinking beer.  I know it was beer, because they left the empties in the box, in a bag, on the table.  They did this - when the dumpster was only maybe ten-steps away.
Big Trees here too come down~
This tree took some work to cut through - there are a few places that need work & BCH is hoping to get some of it done.  Here - DNR is totally against civilians using power tools in the woods.
Heading down~
It was so very muggy & so very humid that Farah would stop after galloping up some of the climbs.  She was covered with a thin sheen of sweat within minutes.  Funny though - the bugs weren't nearly as bad as they have been.
Another tree covering the trail~
This one, riders have been getting around for some time.  We took a trail we normally don't & that's where it was.  Instead of going back into camp after our first loops, we just stayed out in the shade finding what trails we could for a couple more miles.  On many, the Stinging Nettles are so tall that they are taking over.  This would be easy to fix if we could go in with weed whackers...
Butterweed~
I think the flowers above are Butterweed.  They have a yellow center & fit the description.  They were beautiful & bright on a sunny bright day!  
Back~
 Once back at the trailer, I dismounted to find these weird green things stuck all over Farah's chest, neck & upper legs.  They were almost boomerang shaped, green & maybe 1/2 inch long.  Almost like Velcro - both sides of the tiny things covered with little hooks - but they didn't hurt.  After I washed her down, she rolled, grazed a while, then came over to stand by me where I was sitting in the door of the tack room.  She cocked a hind leg & we both enjoyed or quiet time together.  I'm already looking forward to Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~