March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Flight~

The flight time had been changed to an hour later in the day.  I didn't realize that would mean that we'd be flying in the dark for most of the trip out to Seattle...  Not that I fly well anytime - but having Butch with me would help!  Our first time flying together in all our years of marriage!  My old luggage tag reminded me I hadn't flown since visiting my sister in 2010.
The Missouri~
Linus & Kay were kind enough to take us to Omaha.  Less than a 30-min. drive from home & never any traffic!  I'd upgraded our tickets & discovered to my relief, we didn't have to wait in line at Security.  I had forgotten my little - tiny Eddie Bauer multi tool - with a very small blade - was in my purse...  Enough of a blade, I had to give it up :-(    
Going up!
We were in row 8, just ahead of the wing, we fly so seldom, it was nice to have the window & the four more inches of leg room for Butch.  Butch watched movies, I listened to an audio book & tried to doze.
Flying into cloud cover at sunset~
Even as much as my claustrophobia bothers me, I still love the views that give you the feeling of being a small cog on the wheel of the big earth.
Coming into Seattle!
We made great time.  The Pilot let us know we'd be arriving a few minutes early.  The lights of the ever-growing Seattle area were so beautiful.  Soon, we starting loosing elevation & I never like that - much.  I envy people who enjoy flying.  
We could recognize the familiar highways from the air!
Being forward in the plane meant we disembarked quickly!  Terra Firma!  Yes!  The fresh, cold, moist air outside was a blessing!  Son-in-law David was waiting in the cell phone lot & was soon there to pick us up.  Traffic heading north was lighter than any of us expected so we made Great time!  Those long awaited for hugs were Grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~