March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Home Sweet Home~

Fall, one of the two most beautiful season's anywhere.  I'd missed the first couple weeks & the changes seemed swift.  The weather these early October days, has been beautiful for the third year in a row.  Mid-60's, a light breeze & only a couple nights when the temperatures have dropped below freezing.
Backyard - 10-4-2018
My first week home, I felt like I was in a daze.  Linus said to expect one day for each hour of time difference.  I found that to be true.  I had to fight my way through the afternoon, when the urge to go to bed hit full force!  About 2 a.m. I'd wake up & be ready for the day :-)  I've decided that moving forward in time is relatively easy. Going back though, seemed difficult for me.
10-9 Mr. Squirrel in his fall colors~
Before leaving, I hadn't even begun decorating for fall.  But now, I was motivated to get it done.  My favorite time of year & I wanted to enjoy it - both inside & out.
10-13 Back Deck~
The deck has become everyone's favorite hangout.  Sitting high over the rest of the yard, we were oh so lucky to get the view & privacy.  Not as much in the winter months, when we can see across to the neighbors on the far side, but enough.
Lights on~
I'd ordered more of my favorite fall lights from Ben Franklin in Monroe last year.  They sent me four boxes & I hope they last a long while.  I can't even find them on-line.  There're a combination of brown, gold & orange.  The plant, lasted one more week before it's leaves started falling off.
Hoot~
Hoot - almost didn't make it.  He was one of the last things to come out of the woods.  He'd just been wrapped in a black bag.  He was also one of the last items to be taken out of storage.  A little the worse for wear, with a broken ear & the tip off his nose.  I used super glue & decided that his days of being out in the weather are over.  The deck is more protected & I can enjoy him from the family room too.
Hoot with Mason & Cassidy, 4-11-2010
Hoot's job was to keep Mason & Cassidy on the correct trail in the Homestead's woods.  :-)  One day the two of them were lost.  Butch & I were hiding to see what they'd do.  Mason to Cassidy;  "Cassidy...  There's Hoot!  We've been this way before!"  Cassidy younger but oh so much wiser than her brother replied;  "I Know Mason!"  Neither of them did - but they weren't in the slightest worried about it.
East end of the deck~
It kept my mind somewhat occupied finishing up the Italy stories.  With this weather, Butch & I are working on the old shed.  Time for the tarp we put over the roof last year to go!  Now, it's a rush to get a new roof on before the rain comes!  I'm already looking forward to February.  My winter visit with those five special Grand-kids, their parents too of course :-) & my special mare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~