March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Walk in the Park~

Nika & I have taken two walks this week!  The first, heading to the bus barn.  On our way, the big yellow bus picked us up!
`
Nika at the Park
 The second yesterday - when we joined Jean's Lake Walk group.  As we were walking to the park for the rendezvous with our friends, Kay drove by & offered us a lift!  I had to say no - it would have defeated the purpose of the walk!  :-)
Along Keg Creek~
  Leaving the park, we walked along the creek & decided to head for Kay & Linus's house.  The day had really warmed up & I'd worn a flannel shirt!  I consumed a glass of cold ice tea & Nika had a good drink of water before we started for home. 

On our way back, we took the Big hill past the water tower.  Though I didn't wear my Garmin, I think we got in an honest 4+ miles.   It's been a while since I've hoofed it that far on my own two feet & I'm feelin' it today. Without the usual riding I've always done, expending my usual excess of energy will be a challenge...
Signage posted today!
We've applied for yet another variance, to place a pre-built building on one, of the two lots we purchased.  The plan is to make it into our little cabin & storage.  A spot in the timber by the creek would have been nice, but practically speaking, difficult to access during the winter months.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~