March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Spring's Bright Spots~

It is spring!  The wait seemed like forever, through the long, harsh winter months.  Just as the weather seemed to smooth out, the melt waters came...  Our temperatures are trying to climb their way up toward normal.  We've even had a day or two that reached 70.  The mood of the town has brightened along with the warm spring sunshine.
3.20.19 Nika & my clearing~
With the nice weather - I was back working in the timber.  One of the things I've missed most, is those hours spent in Farah's saddle.  Being outside is one of my favorite things & I always feel deprived in the winter.  It was great to enjoy the spring sunshine, while cutting & chopping away.

Butch came down with the chain saw, to cut away some of the larger limbs.  Next, he used the big bolt cutters to remove sections of old, half buried barbed wire.  The longer days & mild evenings are such a welcome change.
3.24.19 - Farah
Farah too, has been out enjoying the Washington sunshine. It always makes me happy to receive a photo of her! Her winter gold is starting to change to the summer chocolate... The first year I've missed this event. Her tail is almost fully grown out again! It's taken almost two-years, I evened it up when I was there.
3.19.19  - Cedar Waxwings~
Last Tuesday, I heard a ruckus outside our bedroom window. I went out to the east end of the house. The neighbor's cedar tree was full of birds! I'd not seen a waxwing since years ago at the Homestead! They were so fast moving - it was hard to get a photo.  It was a feeding frenzy on the cedar berries.
2.22.19
Another critter I enjoyed back in WA - a really cute squirrel taking advantage of the dropped seeds, from Courtney's bird feeder!

On the home front, rock hauling has been our gig.  Butch did get most of the walkway to the Cabin done, before flood waters closed off the road. Instead, we picked up masonry stones for the edging.
3.20.19 Walkway~
 The insulation is done inside the Cabin & the paneling is going up.  I've decided on an interior trim color & can't wait to see what the corrugated steel will look like on the ceiling. 
Edge of the timber~
 I spent April first, planting daffodil bulbs all along the eastern edge of the timber.  Since they'd already sprouted, maybe I'll see blooms!  Light rain yesterday & today should help them settle in.

Late this afternoon, we got word that water usage restrictions have been lifted, except for the boil order.  One of the Glenwood's wells is on-line & the towers have been pumped full.  Now, we all need to use water, to help in the process of flushing the tanks.  A much appreciated step in returning to normalcy.   

Our third spring & each has been completely different.  Butch keeps hoping that eventually his honey-do list will get shorter!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~