March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tinkle Branch ~

With a forecast for pouring rain, I wasn't surprised to wake to the sound.  As I was getting ready to leave, there were two huge bolts of lightening, followed by a big rumble of thunder.  High winds were expected too, but lucky for us, after a few big blasts, the wind dissipated.
A creek runs through it~
Butch & I arrived home at the same time for lunch. Butch asked me; "Have you seen the creek?!" I had not, but as soon as I looked out the back, I understood his question. Yes! I could certainly see the creek now.
Bank to bank~
Tinkle Branch, was so full, we could easily see it from the house. Normally, we have to walk down & look a couple more feet down the bank to see the water.
Pretty with all the snow~
After Butch left, I put on my boots & walked down to get photos. Definitely the most water I've seen since a big rain storm in October of 17. It did seem a little strange to have all the ice gone & that much silt laden water racing past the snow covered ground.
Upstream~
Area's where I'd tossed big chunks of old stumps & wood were completely underwater. A couple of those holes were over five-feet deep. I'm glad I put them there, hopefully they kept more of the bank from eroding.
Downstream~
As I walked downstream, my footprints were filling with water near the big old cottonwood. At this point the creek was ready to go over the bank. There's another three-foot rise, then the drop to the marsh on the far side.
Keg Creek~
Today was early out, at the schools.  Butch came home & we drove out to see Keg Creek. Towards the far end of Tinkle Branch, the water was stalled & pooling.  I wondered why - until the first view of Keg Creek!  It was running so full that the water coming in from Tinkle Branch literally had nowhere to go.
Further east~
On the road to the bus barn, there were several areas where Keg creek was overflowing it's banks.  By later this afternoon, we had sunshine, blue sky & 60 degrees!  We have a 60% change of more rain tomorrow.  With the snow pack still melting & the ground frozen solid, we're under a flood watch through tomorrow.  March came in like a Lion, I hope it goes out like a lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~