March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December at the Cabin~

December has surprised me again - it's been beautiful!  After last year's weather, it was easy to forget the year before also boasted a mild twelfth month.  I've spent my free afternoons working outside, enjoying the sun.  The very first & largest pile of honeysuckle slash is gone!
The 6th~
 Most of our days, though still getting shorter, have been full of the most amazing light.  A rich, reddish glow from late afternoon - to sunset.  The Serviceberry we planted to the north of the Cabin all did great this year.  After trying evergreen shrubs, boxwood & grasses, I've given up on keeping live plants in pots outside during the winter months.
A new Christmas sign~  Piles of Honeysuckle in the background.
 I found the new little sign - perfect for the Cabin - on a shopping trip with friends to Omaha.  Prairie in Bloom will be a must stop - stop during my excursions to Omaha!
View south from the Porch~
This view, is now twice as wide as it once was with the honeysuckle down.  
Toward the creek~
 Looking back at photos I took earlier in the season, it's almost like a different place.  Now, the sun can shine through the trees, without honeysuckle blocking the light.  
Little tree up!
 The little tree spent so many December's brightening up the Cottage, now does the same in the Cabin!  
Door & widows trimmed out & painted~
With all the insulation & paneling done - it's amazing the difference it's made in the warmth of the Cabin. Butch did the trim around both doors & all the windows. 
Night Lights~

The Cabin is looking very festive this season & we're enjoying it!  Santa could pull up in his sleigh at any time!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had before pics of your honeysuckle. I failed to get them of the blackberry situation next door and recently took some but it doesn't give you the feel for how bad it was. I tend to not want to take pics of such eyesores: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do a before/after post one of these days. Was going to wait until things green up again - so comparison would be comparable :-) I know - I don't like too either - but did. Here's a great article - https://ipm.missouri.edu/ipcm/2015/9/Weed-of-the-Month-Bush-honeysuckle-an-ornamental-gone-wrong/

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~