March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, January 31, 2020

Together Again!~

I was up early & on the road to the farm.  I even found my way!  Farah was already being brushed out.  She was scheduled for a session with the trainer in the arena.  I was looking forward to seeing what training Farah had received since her arrival last September.  Kissing her on the nose & taking in her smell was sublime.
Carrie on Farah~
Farah has settled in to her new home.  She was relaxed & used to the new routines of the farm.  As the trainer rode, it was interesting to see Farah's responsiveness to cues.  It's still hard for me to watch others handling Farah...  We spent so much time on our own, alone, doing things our way over the years...  But - the mare seems happy & is getting ridden.

You Tube no longer has a mute or delete audio option - I added the tune.  Next - we changed to my saddle. I'd finally shipped out my saddle pad too. My suitcase was 2.5 lbs. over Alaska's limit in Omaha. After removing a small bag, it passed - loaded with the rest of the tack I use. With the mare here, my tack might as well be too.
Back on the gold girl~  The phone's wide-angle distorted us a bit :-)
Swinging a leg over, as usual, felt as natural to me as breathing.  This private arena is so beautiful, light & bright!  A very pleasant place to ride on such a gray, cold morning.
Farah in frame~
I was asked to ride like we were on a trail, so we did.  I could feel Farah's relaxation & the stretch she has in her neck flowing on through her back.
Mary's turn~
 As the morning turned to afternoon, the temperature dropped, wind came up & we went from removing jackets to putting them back on! Lunch was sounding better & better!

Lunch was at Fred's Rivertown Ale House in Snohomish. The lobster bisque soup & sweet potato fries hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~