March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Farah Moves Back North!

When I'd visited Farah the end of February, I'd known that she just wasn't happy.  Renee was taking great care of her - but something about her spirit had changed.  I've missed her so very much, not a day goes by I don't think of her.
Mt. Rainier~ 
As things sometimes go - I heard from a friend - another friend had mentioned to him - she was looking for a horse "just like Farah".  At first I dismissed it, but later spoke to Renee about a possible change. 

I contacted the acquaintance.  She was pleased to hear I was thinking of a change for Farah.  We discussed details & a plan emerged.  Renee was very accommodating.  The three of us, found a date that would work for the transfer.  After discussing all this with daughter Courtney, my flight reservation was made.

Arriving in Seattle late on the 24th, Wednesday morning we left Duvall, horse trailer in tow.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  We made a smooth 2-hour drive down to Renee's farm near Roy.  
Together again~
Farah came to me the minute  she heard my voice.  Renee had all of Farah's things packed in the totes I'd sent out.  We admired the amazing view of the mountain & took a few photos, before I loaded Farah.  We were anxious to get back on the road to stay ahead of traffic.
Farah, Connie & Mt. Rainier~
We stopped for lunch in Puyallup before heading north.  Our timing kept us just ahead of the afternoon traffic.  Courtney parked along the main street of Duvall, pulling in behind the trailer, to follow us to the farm.  Farah unloaded & took a long look around at the views before dropping her head to grab mouthfuls of the tall, green grass.
At the Farm~
 We put Farah in the round-pen while Courtney & I took a tour of the barn.  A brand new facility for what seemed to be several comfortable horses. 
Farah meets a new friend~
One of the geldings was turned into the pasture next to the round-pen.  The two touched noses, before the gelding took off at a gallop in an attempt to impress Farah.  She too - leaped into motion - with her beautiful floating trot - tail in the air.  I loved watching her!  
Today, my daughter challenged me with the job of picking up granddaughter Cassidy at her college in Bothell!  I used Google Maps!  The Pathfinder & I found our way!  Cassidy & I stopped for lunch in Redmond, before the drive back to Duvall. 

Tomorrow - I'll be back at the farm to give Farah a good grooming - or bath - weather dependent.  I want to unpack the totes & enjoy time with the gold girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~