March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Big Storm - Big Snow!

 It was forecast, but no one really expected to get the kind of storm that blew in!  Since it didn't arrive during the night, I think we were all lulled into thinking it wouldn't amount to much.  School was cancelled, but things were still quiet when Butch left for work.

Coming back from Council Bluffs~
By noon though, the snow had started & the wind was blowing.  Butch came home early & asked if I wanted to go to Council Bluffs for lunch & more paint.  I've been watching too many home improvement shows & decided I wanted an accent wall in the office.
Office accent walls~
Originally it was to be just one wall.  I liked it so much, we ended up doing the adjoining window wall too, which required more paint.  Our first time using Behr's matt finish.  Butch said it was too thick to roll & awful going on - but I love the finished look.  (We still have baseboard to do in this room.) 
Our weather vane pointing north~
We watched out the windows as the wind howled & snow came down non-stop.  It continued into the evening hours.  The wind blowing the snow into the windows sounded like they were being sandblasted.   With temperatures in the teens & the wind, the feels like temperature was in the single digits.
The Explorer is under there somewhere~
By this morning, the sun was out, but clouds were moving back in.  Omaha hadn't had this much snow in one day - for 45-years.  They were just shy twelve inches & I think our total was the same.  Butch had shoveled his way to the truck.  Eventually the City snow plow came by, moving all the snow off the street & piling it 3ft. high along the bottom of our driveway.  Then it froze of course.  I decided to go out & shovel...  I did a whole lot of that & hadn't made much progress as I saw a small skid steer coming up the street.  He stopped, dropped his blade & did most of our driveway!   
Driveway clear!
I was working on the strip next to the Explorer, where the wind had really drifted the snow, when I saw a little ATV Utility vehicle coming my way.  They pulled a snow blower out of the back & in no time, finished off the driveway next to the Explorer & even did the sidewalk out front!  Refusing payment - I told them I'd be more than happy to be put on their storm list & pay for the help next time.
Neighbor & his snow blower!
  By the time I came in, my toes were frozen, even through my warmest socks!  We have a chance of more snow tonight.  It's taken all day for the town to dig out, so I hope we've seen the end of the white stuff for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~