March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Great Melt!

 I've been so anxious to be outside!  The days are sunny, temperatures in the mid-40s feel warm!  I had to make the trek to the Cabin.  I wanted to start the Bronco, since the Explorer will be in the shop for a day or so.  The germanium's needed watering too.

My foot!
Walking along the drivers side of the Bronco, I sunk in to the top of my tall boot! At least the surface is so frozen, no snow fell in. In spots, I could walk on top of the snow.
The Germanium's have a sweet view~
Butch had the job of getting the germanium's dug up & potted, while I was still in WA.  They're doing the best this winter, they have since we've been here.  They love the full south exposure & are growing a set of buds.
The flower garden ~
It was nice to see my first flower bed - re-appear from beneath the snow!  Boxwood's aren't the fanciest of shrubs, but they seem able to withstand the weather & moles.  Just a touch of green during the winter is nice too.  Even as hardy as they are - they won't live through the winter months in a pot.
At Tinkle Branch Trail~
Making my way down the hill wasn't easy.  With each step, I couldn't tell if my foot would stay on top of the snow, or break through.  I was going to enter through the bottom gate, but it was frozen shut.  
Going back up the hill, I decided to stay on the fence & use it for support.
My steps~
You can see where each step sunk into a different depth.  From almost on top of the melting snowpack, to sinking all the way to the bottom.  No wonder Nika hasn't been running across the drifts in the yard.  She sticks to her path along the fences.

With the foreseeable future forecast for more seasonably warm days - I'm still wondering how long it will be before we see the lawn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~