March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Mission Accomplished!

 Congratulations to my husband!  Today - after seven weeks of training & a final written & driving test - Butch has been assigned a CFI truck!  He's done his pre-check & the truck is in the shop as I write this, getting a few minor issues addressed.  It's nice, if you're a non-smoker, non-pet driver, the truck assigned is also non-smoker/pet.

Butch's T680
With the weather bad in Joplin (driving sleet) & getting worse as the morning progressed, Butch thought he might not get the opportunity to test out today.  He was one of only two who did.  I was at Matt-Making when I received his text!  He received a big round of applause from my friends & Pastor Seth!
Freezing sleet in Joplin!
I think the red trucks look so sharp against the field of white snow!  When his final drive test was complete & he drove his truck to the maintenance shop, he said it was strange not to have Steve in the other seat.  I can imagine, after over 8,500 miles in four weeks.  I was happy to have had the opportunity to meet Steve when they came through Council Bluffs.

I tracked each day's drive & posted the links to Facebook, as Butch drove across the entire country, twice.  Below are the links to each of his trips. 


Now that he has a truck & a truck number, he has been assigned a Fleet Manger & will go check with dispatch to see what they have coming this way.  He'll be home soon, to outfit the truck for the road.  He's already received some great truck warming presents!
A Nome from Karen!

Knit cap from Doris!
Of course, license plates from CFI & a nice gear bag :-) With the expansion & reorganization occurring at CFI, things are already changing.  There are no longer safety or fuel bonuses, SFX radio for the drivers is no longer offered. Having just watched Downfall, The Case Against Boeing on Netflix, these cutbacks seem minor.  Still, sometimes it's the little things that keep company employee's happy at their jobs.  A little of CFI history~
CFI Goodie Bag~
My husband wants me to accompany him on his next trip out.  I think he might have an ulterior motive! He was pretty spoiled by Steve's cooking! :-)  If I'm going to do it, now is a good time, since spring & nice weather are around the corner.  Plus, the opportunity to see some of the country I haven't will be fun!  I've always said I'd like to do a little traveling - this is my opportunity!  As long as he doesn't forget me somewhere - I'm Good!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~