March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, June 6, 2022

Feeling Blue ~

It was SO wonderful to have nine whole days with my husband!  Not that every single one wasn't jam packed full of errands & chores etc.  Especially when combined with his change of companies & the trip to TX.  But, we still found time to sit out on the deck, have a couple morning lattes & enjoy some late evenings.  I even remembered to show him my super sized hail - saved in the freezer!

Late this afternoon, leaving Butch at the airport, the lonely feeling didn't take long to catch me...  I got home at dusk & took a walk in the woods, returning to the pale blue lights of the Cabin.  The color of my mood.  At least now, depending on how the scheduling works out, Butch plans to get time at home at least every three-weeks.  That will seem short to me now!

The Cabin~
Done feeling sorry for myself, the following day I tore in to the house & laundry.  Never my favorite chore, it was still nice to get things picked up, finish Butch's washing & have things organized again.  He left with only a duffle bag, his sleeping bag & pillow.  (The plan is for him to return home shortly to outfit his new truck.)  It had been very hot & humid too, good weather for doing the inside chores. 

Wednesday, I returned to mat making & enjoyed the company of my friends.  One had been on vacation to FL, another had gone to TX.  It was fun to catch up on all the news, since I'd missed last week.  The day was cooler & partly overcast.  After lunch I loaded Smokey & made the drive to Silver City & the trail.

Smokey under the Walnut trees~
I guess it comes from living in WA for so many years, I still really enjoy the cloudy days.  With so many sunny ones, the clouds add a filtered layer of silvery gray light.  It seems to make the greens deeper.
Fields growing!
The sun came & went as the afternoon progressed; it dominated the sky once again.  I made great time getting to the Trestle, with the wind at my back.  I was congratulating myself for doing so well after ten-days without riding.
At the Trestle~
I took a short break to watch the river flow by.  Butch never did get out to try his new bike & now with the heat of summer coming up, it could be a while.

Almost to Malvern, ahead on the trail was a couple with a large dog.  The dog was dragging probably 10 feet of leash.  I announced my presence as far out as I knew I'd be heard.  The minute the dog heard my voice, he turned & came right for me.  The owner grabbed the end of the leash - now I had the dog in front of me & the leash stretched out all across the trail.  My only options were to go off the trail into the mud or hit the brakes.  I was forced to stop cold.  The owner finally wrangled the dog & said "sorry"...  I have to say - I was so mad I couldn't speak.  Why, oh WHY do people bring their dog to public trails & not have them under control?  Rant over!
Malvern Park
I waited up at the Depot until I could see if they were coming further my direction or turning to town.  They turned & I could go back the way I'd come & stop at the park.  It was so soothing to just sit & watch the little family of Canadian Geese.  Going back, I had wind :-(  Never fun on a return, when you've already done a few miles.  By now - I could feel I hadn't ridden lately!  
Mulberry down~
Just in the time it had taken me to ride south, the wind had knocked down a large Mulberry tree.  I love Mulberries, so had to stop & pick all that were ripe!  It made for handy picking, but now there'll be one less tree to pick from.  Back in Silver City, I sat out at the picnic table under the awing at Happy Trails talking with Mari Jo & another lady from town.  A really pleasant way to end a super beautiful day.  My mood was greatly improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~