March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, November 24, 2022

A Happy Thanksgiving!

 It took a 40-mile taxi ride & three flights for Butch to get home - but - he's Home for the Holiday!  It took me three-days, but we made it out onto the trail yesterday!  We found Mari Jo walking Gracie in the first mile & she took our photo :-)  At first she was worried a stranger was following me!  :-)

11-23 On the Trail~
Butch had put in for home time & was dispatched this direction last week.  He was in Boise on the 18th, heading to Gooding, ID to pick up a load of cheese.  Arriving in Gooding, he found that the load wouldn't be ready until the scheduled pick-up date of 11/19.  With an extra day to wait, he had time to take Blue over to D&D's shop for an oil change.  It took all day to get the truck into the shop & by evening when the mechanic looked at it, they found a slight oil & coolant leak.  
11-18 Blue in the shop~
The company owner had already made arrangements for a different truck for Butch, coming in December.  Rather than the wait to have Blue repaired - since the semi was due to be traded in next month - he sent Butch home until the new truck arrives in Salt Lake.  The date for that delivery has been moved up - to hopefully this coming week.
Corrine, UT - Blue on his last run with Butch~
Friday evening, I spent on-line, finding flight connections to bring him home.  Everything was pretty well booked up this close to the holiday.  The first flight out, wasn't until Sunday.  He spent Saturday packing up his things, disconnecting all his electronics etc.  Sunday, Butch's day started with a taxi drive to the small airfield in Twin Falls. (The Taxi owner/operator had been an OTR driver!) The first flight took him back to Salt Lake, the next to Minneapolis/St. Paul.  The final flight brought him home to Omaha.  I picked him up just before 11 p.m. Sunday night.
Butch on the trail~
The weather this week has been as incredibly wonderful as it was cold & awful last week.  I've often said, all I have to do is schedule any kind of appointment & the weather will be nice!  It happened again & I ended up loosing a perfectly good ride day.  I was ever So happy the mild weather continued!
On the Trestle~
A ride to the Trestle & back was all I had time for, with pies yet to bake!  I did put cookies in my pack & Butch was surprised when I pulled them out for our treat!
Bikes back at Happy Trails~
All was quiet back in town, everyone home enjoying the perfect day & probably cooking!  Just what I should have been doing!
Pumpkin & Southern Chess~!
It took me until early evening - I don't think Butch would ever let me get away without baking pies!  I do enjoy it though & never deviate from our seasonal favorites.

When I got up to get the turkey in the oven this morning - it was another glorious day.  We miss the kids & Grandkids especially during the holidays, but it's great to have time together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~