March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, November 6, 2023

More November Sunshine ~

 Now that Happy Trails is closed for the season, Mari Jo has time to ride.  With the time change, I decided to leave home 30-min. early for Silver City.  I was pulling into town just as Mari Jo was ready to leave.  Perfect timing.  We both commented on the great weather as we started out, but the super dry conditions are so obvious everywhere.  

Mari Jo & the bikes~
Mari Jo, as usual set a good pace, she dropped it down a bit for my benefit.  I feel very lucky to be able to continue to ride the distances I do.  Mari Jo said I might consider, more, shorter rides.  I might - if I were closer to the trail.  But I also enjoy being out longer than a short ride would take.  The feeling of working until I'm physically tired is something of an addiction.  Whether it's from riding a horse, working in the woods, mowing, or riding a bike. I've always looked for a way to burn my excess energy.
Creek~
Being able to physically withstand the activity, of whatever type will eventually be the limiting factor.  My last accident has tried to slow me down the most.  Mari Jo mentioned my left ankle doesn't flex as I peddle anymore.  At least my foot stays on the peddle!
Wide Angle of the Trestle~
A somewhat eerie afternoon, only one farmer out in his field on a tractor.  A huge cloud of dust giving away his position long before we saw him.  Most of the fields have been cleared already.  The moisture content of the crops isn't ideal.
2:08 p.m. Silver Creek~
We made good time going to Malvern & stopped at the Depot for a short break.  It ended up being a little longer, it had been a while since we'd had time to chat.  We were back on the bikes & heading north as the sun moved lower in the sky.
3:33 p.m. From the Trestle~
By the time we'd returned to the trestle, the day definitely had the look of an early fall evening. In Silver City, Mari Jo split for home.  I returned to the Explorer.  Once home, I was amazed at how quick dusk came & dark followed!  Now - we've moved into the shorter daylight hours of fall, like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~