Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, August 30, 2024

Last Ride of August~

 Another cooler day!  It had ready been ten-days since my last ride!  I've been working almost non-stop to try to get the marsh & woods back in shape after a month.  I wanted to get in one more ride in August. I stopped by Happy Trails & caught up with Mari Jo before leaving.  I'd forgotten my Garmin - my left wrist felt empty.  Shadow's computer at least keeps track of the miles too.

Mari Jo's Pansey's are running everywhere.
I decided - as I usually do - on my regular route to Malvern.  I like having a nice spot to take a short break halfway through the ride.  Green is still the predominate color, no leaves turning yet.
Wild grapes growing over everything~
The wild grapes are overrunning everything they can climb on.  This includes the property line in the woods between our place & the neighbors to the north.  I had to cut back vines running over seven feet onto our side.
Beaver dam~
The beavers have returned & been busy working on their dam.  It's increased in size from last year.  I didn't feel quite up to par today, so took my time getting to the park.

Boehner Pond~
The afternoon was just stellar for the end of summer coming up fast.  I won't be sorry to see it go!  It wasn't an easy one for me with the damage to my knee when I clumsily fell from the car.  The knee still isn't 100% & let me know it today.
Wabash Landing to be~
Returning north, I stopped to take a photo of all the land cleared at the edge of Malvern.  This area will soon be covered with houses.
Iowa Views~
Not a lot further though, I was back to quintessential Iowa views.  The yellows of the Hairy Sunflowers & Goldenrod so bright against the greens. 
By the time I returned to the Explorer, there were several cars in the small parking area.  More riders leaving on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~