Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Pedaling on~

 Butch left Friday morning, heading back toward IN.  As I usually do after he leaves, I cleaned anything I could find to clean.  Tasks I don't enjoy taking my mind off his absence.

Maverick~
Today though, even though the heat & humidity have returned, I wanted to ride.  When I pulled into Happy Trails Mari Jo expressed surprise that I was there.  Even mid-80's with humidity in the low 60's was a better forecast than the rest of this week.  Rain is expected later, that will really make things steamy.

Soybeans turning gold~
My energy level wasn't the greatest, but seeing the seasons begin to change is always uplifting.

Walnut canopy thinning out~
The Walnut trees are dropping walnuts everywhere.  Not as many, but larger than last year's crop. They are tricky to navigate & hitting them is no fun.
Tree down~
Thirty minutes into the ride, I found a trail block.  This one was tricky to get over, the split limbs on the right were just close enough together, the bike didn't fit between them.  Lifting Shadow over them both at once wasn't an option.  A rider who came from the opposite direction offered to help, but I declined & managed to angle Shadow, a wheel at a time, to the other side.
Cattails & Sunflowers~
The wetland near Malvern that burned last year, has completely recovered, except for some of the trees that had lined the trail.
Shadow turns over 400-miles~
I realized too, when I don't have the PAS system on, the bike doesn't record the miles!  Really?!  :-)  I usually keep it on.  Riding in the lowest eco mode balances out the heavier weight of the bike.  When my knees start hurting, it's time to either shift the PAS up, or gear down. 
Fields of gold~
I looped through Malvern, then stopped at the pond as usual.  Only two RVs were at the campground.  A Dad came riding in, holding a dog on a leash & with three little kids on bikes!  I was impressed at his skill!
Silver Creek~
It had been cloudy all morning, but by the time I left to ride, the sky was clearing off & the heat was climbing.  The lush greens speak for themselves.
Shadow on the Trestle~
I started moving out after I left the trestle heading back north.  I was tired, hot & the bugs were awful any time I stopped.  Shadow outran them!  Today, I saw no less than three couples riding e-bikes.  Now that I'm riding one, I have to stop complaining about them.  That said, I still have concerns about bikes capable of what I consider an excessive speed of 28 mph.  Way too fast for a multi-user trail.

I picked up Finn.  He had flushed a cat from under one of the bushes in Doris's backyard his last visit & had a great time chasing it over the fence.  Today, the cat held its ground & Finn would not stop barking!  Doris had to go out & convince the cat to scram!  The story had me laughing out loud!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~