Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, July 31, 2026

Walking - Sort of~

 I won't lie, July was another tough month.  After my first attempt to walk the woods, it was clear I had a long way to go.  I had to sit & watch as the weeds took over all my flower beds.  It was horrid how fast they grew. 

7-10 Sharkey's Revenge & Mighty Chestnut Daylily's~ 
The bright spot when our Granddaughter Skyla, flew in on the eight!  She came with her brand-new drivers permit; she did the driving & we managed to have a good time in spite of my gimping around.
7-11 Skyla rides my eBike~
She was excited at the opportunity to ride my eBike.  She has an eScooter, but the bike is much faster & a lot of fun.  Away she went!  I knew she was heading for the square & the shop that sells fancy drinks.  I didn't expect her back for a while, but when she was out for over an hour, I started worrying.  I went out on the porch & soon saw her coming up the street pushing the bike & covered in sweat.  I should have known better than to have let her go without more lessons in shifting.  The chain was broken & gear cable out of sync.  Lucky for me, we have a new business in town, The Bike Garage.  I made a call, Matt came out within 15-min.  He picked up the bike & had it back to me repaired, the following day!
7-14 Grama Doris & Finn~
We visited Grama Doris a couple times during Skyla's visit, of course Finnigan went along.  Doris managed to take a fall the weekend we left for ND.  She broke her Tibia, so she was in misery along with me & Finn.  We agreed that Finn was handling his injury better than either of us!
7-15 Skyla at mat making~
We attended mat making & Skyla picked up crocheting like a pro!  She enjoyed the morning & said she was impressed with how stylish my friends were!  I know everyone enjoyed her visit.
7-16 Skyla, Butch & Maverick~
The 16th, Butch managed to make another long drive - arriving to see Skyla & spend a night at home!  We met in Council Bluffs for dinner, then Skyla rode in the semi & I drove the Bronco for the first time in ten weeks.  I found out quickly the muscle I need to keep my foot on the accelerator is the one that doesn't work.  Lots more PT, where I've been introduced to myostimulation.

7-21, Finn & me~
Friends took Skyla to Eppley on the 20th.  It was so hard to see her go...  Both for me & for Finn.  He'd enjoyed playing with her so much.  The house seemed so quiet...  We fell back into our recovery routine.  

I took my first steps without the walker on the 29th & my final follow-up with Dr. Seibler at UNMC was the same day.  I am ever so thankful for Kathy driving me to my appointments, both PT & Doctor visits!  Sue picked up groceries for me several times!  I think often of how lucky I am, to have so many giving, wonderful people as friends.  I'm still using the walker for stability & learning to use a cane for shorter distances. With both legs now full of implants, balance is an issue.

The 30th, I sprayed down with bug spray & hobbled down to the far side of the south fence to cut down two huge thistles going to seed.  I could see them from the deck & they were driving me nuts!  Making it back up the hill was not a pretty sight. That night, we received a badly needed 1.03 inches of rain.   

Butch will be home this coming week to attend class for his new gig driving the big yellow school bus!  He'll go back out with Maverick OTR one more time until mid-month when he'll return the semi to Nationwide.  I will have my husband home again after almost five years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~