Change is one constant of life. When we moved to Iowa from WA almost ten-years ago now, our plan was to stay. It was a tough move, leaving the kids & grandkids was the hardest part. We made it work; they came to visit & we made a few trips up there. As time went on, we missed them more & more.
![]() |
| Our new Home~ |
Then, there was my accident the first of May. The injury has resulted in a much longer recovery than I'd anticipated, making it impossible for me to continue to take the kind of care of our home I demand of myself. Trying to hire the landscaping out, I've been unable to find anyone, who takes pride in the job they're paid to do.
![]() |
| 8-26 Evening~ |
Butch started sending me floor plans for travel trailers! It wasn't something I'd thought of, but after some on-line shopping & visit to Camping World in Council Bluffs, I could certainly see the benefit! Courtney & her husband purchased a very nice one a year or so ago & we stayed in Jentry's last time we were in WA.
Jentry mentioned a retirement community up north. It's near our old stomping grounds, we can buy a membership that includes a wooded lot, full hookups, private beach & resort type amenities. The best part - it's far enough from Seattle, close to Jentry's home on Camano Island & not far from daughter Courtney.
![]() |
| The Home Place~ |
Finally, one of the sentinel trees we'd brought with us from WA, died. I called an arborist who managed to find the cause, spray all the others & save the one that's left. We listed the house - and are in no hurry. The consensus among our friends has been unanimous - it was meant to be. Living in IA again has given me the opportunity to re-connect with so many wonderful people from my early years in Greenfield. The friends we've both made here are priceless to us~
After our last trip to Washington though, we both were very sad to leave. It's time to return & enjoy seeing the grandchildren becoming young adults. There's something too - about the mountains, ocean & fresh breezes we've both missed so much.



I just read you posting moving back to WA. Welcome back.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteWow, I'm so happy for you. And hope to be writing this same entry in 17 years when my husband retires. My gosh he's young LOL.
ReplyDelete