March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, November 30, 2018

Last of November~

 Here we are - the last day of November.  We've had a couple nice mild days to end the month, even if they included fog & cloud cover.  All that is due to change tonight - over to rain - then wet snow & lots of wind.
My new metal flower~
 I baked a batch of Grandma's sugar cookies & addressed Christmas cards.  With the last of the cookies out of the oven, it was time to take Nika on a walk.  She was so excited & tried to drag me up the street.  No complaints from her though, when we entered the timber.
Last of the color~
Even though invasive, the honeysuckle remind me of the Salmonberry bushes of WA.  They form a short under-story of shrubbery that the birds really enjoy.  Of course it's the birds that spread them far & wide.
We cut up to the salvage yard that is at the far end of our timber.  I knocked on the door & met the owner.  His wife & granddaughter pulled in.  I wish I'd gotten a photo of this cute little girl, in a hot pink coat running for Nika, as Nika took evasive action behind me!  :-) 
a
Finishing off our loop~
It was late afternoon, but the color of the day hadn't changed much, except for a few sun-break's earlier.  It's been warm enough, in the high 30's.  The snow & ice from the last storm continued to melt.  The ground was spongy in the timber.
Marsh~
It's fun to walk across this area.  One side still frozen & flat with ice, the other wet & mushy.  Next week we're supposed to drop into the teens again at night - with daytime highs only in the 20's.  I've learned a lot about layering!  My favorite winter riding pants are getting more use than I thought they would!  Of course, I know it's cold if Butch actually puts on a coat!

2 comments:

  1. I have a honeysuckle but it doesn't have enough power to scent the air like the ones I knew back home. Maybe when it gets bigger. I also love my service berry tree - it's gotten large and I hope you get the wonderful gift of those white flowers before a single leaf appears in early Spring! The whole thing is just as spectacular in fall, as you know. Here the blackbirds eat the berries, do you know if people eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They are edible & supposed to be Good! Happy to hear we made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~