March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, January 13, 2019

A Glimpse of Spring!

Washington State style!  I used to meet my friend Petra every January at Molback's for lunch.  It gave us time to catch up on our holidays & enjoy the spring like environment. Coming from Iowa, where I search to find anything green, it was a visual feast!
Inside Molbacks~
It was girls night.  Courtney, Cassidy & I were going to a movie, Molback's happened to be across the way.  Cassidy limited our time there - she knows us well - but we still managed to walk through our favorite areas.
Lighting too~
Always full of fresh ideas with a plethora of unique items for either the garden or home.
African Violets~
The displays were simple, yet eye catching.  The violets on the old whitewashed spool looked so old fashioned.
Lemon Cypress
These were one of my favorite little trees for pots of color in Washington.  The lime green color is so refreshing & the smaller ones were the perfect size to center in large flower pots.  I would surround them with bulbs, or small flowers.
Cassidy looking at the air ferns~
I've tried air ferns a few times over the years, but never successfully for very long.  I envy those who have mastered the trick.  We finished up our shopping with a few new items.  I asked about a plant that I'd admired in Courtney's kitchen window.  They had one & only one!  Now, the question would be whether I would be allowed to take it on the plane.

On the 16th, we spent a day at the hospital.  Mason had several tests & the spacing between them would take the day.  We had enough time in the afternoon to go for Pizza & across the way was Ravenna Gardens.  Courtney & I had visited once, years ago.  Their incredible displays & outdoor fountain drew us in.
Rock creations~
Leave it to the greater Seattle area to bring in some of the most unique items in garden design.  The Hellebore's below were so beautiful!  I had a bed of them in our woods, my favorite was the hard to find - yellow variety.  I had to wonder if they were blooming yet...
Hellebore/Christmas Rose
We went back inside to see the last few displays.
Pottery & candles~
The green glass lamp shades were so pretty & perfect for an outdoor seating area.  I love clay pots & saw several that I wished I could bring home with me.
Another display of the Lemon Cypress~
We always get so many ideas from these unique shops!  We both were ready to go home & do some planting - yet had to remind ourselves that it is - after all - still January...
"Henry"
My little plant had quite an trip!  I met two flight attendants on the escalator, both introduced themselves & admired my little plant!  One asked where I was going & when I said;  "Omaha" she laughed & said I would be on her plane!  After the long lines at TSA, I honestly didn't think I would make the flight, but she assured me I would. 

I was one of the last to load & was stopped at the door of the plane.  (My first thought was;  "Oh NO!  They're going to confiscate my plant!")  The crew had just answered the phone as I walked up.  I overheard;  "Yes, she's just boarding now."  I was instructed to find my seat - that a safe spot would be found for my plant!  Relief!  Soon, one of the attendants was at my row, asking the gentleman in the center seat if he would mind moving to the isle seat?  The plane was only half full & he was happy to oblige.  She then looked at me & said;  "Your little plant can have it's own seat!"

By now, half the plane was laughing & it became the topic of the flight.  When we were offered water, even "Henry" got a small drink.  We had him safely in his seat belt!  As I departed, the crew reminded me to cover my little plant - as temperatures were sub-freezing.  :-)

Now, I have to wonder...  Will Henry accrue air miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~