March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, February 17, 2020

Sunshine Came Softly~

When Butch met me - just past security at Eppley, he said;  "Welcome back to sunshine!"  He was So right!  Sunshine & wide open spaces, felt just wonderful after two-weeks of mostly pouring rain & wet.  We enjoyed a gorgeous weekend with temperatures in the mid-50s.  A huge departure from the blowing snow & frigid blast of last year.  We sat out with our latte's, admiring the absolutely balmy mornings!
Nika, in the middle of the yard~
Not even home for a week yet, it took me a few days to catch up with myself.  I felt a bit out-of-sync.  I did go back to my exercise routine at the Y Wednesday afternoon.  After two-weeks, I backed off a little & really struggled to finish.  By Friday though, I whizzed right through.  I'm looking forward to my appointment with a personal trainer.  The back of my knees weren't happy.  The elliptical keeps my feet flat, riding my heels are down. Some stretching will probably be the answer.
Light breeze~
Waking to the warm, filtered sunshine this morning, I walked the property. Picking up pieces of construction debris from the house re-model up Elm. The wind always blows it our direction.  I cleaned the outside of the office windows & sliding door on the Cabin. Too late into winter to call it springlike, but it sure felt like it.
Winter flower bed~
As much as I love being back home, I enjoy my winter trips to the NW so much!  Courtney has such a busy schedule, yet always makes me feel so welcome!   Cassidy has her drivers license & took me to lunch one day.  Mason was busy trying out for a part in a new play!  Ben met me for dinner in Snohomish.  With the weather & traffic - I didn't make the drive south to Astoria :-(

Having Farah close enough to visit & ride is a blessing.  As rainy as it had been, we were lucky to get in trail time.  Butch & I are both looking forward to our June trip for Mason's graduation! 
East end of the "Marsh"~
The marsh isn't nearly as wet this season. We haven't had the snow. Last night there was a nice little rain, enough to settle the dust. Above is the area where I planted most of the 100 daffodil bulbs.
West End~
When I think of the ice & snow here last year this time - it really does - almost looks like spring! I'm anxious to see the changes, once things start greening up. Maybe some of the slash piles will be gone by then.
Nika in another of her favorite spots~
From her perch at the top of the hill & leaves off the trees, Nika can see out to the side street, spotting the mailman's truck almost a block before he arrives at our house!  :-)  Someone asked me again the other day why we moved here?  There's a certain romance about the Seattle area - but it doesn't take more than once - stopped & sitting hours in traffic for a reality check.  The city doesn't even remotely resemble the one Butch brought our little family to from Colorado in 1981.  As for me - I'll take the mid-west.  If we could just talk the kids into moving out! 

2 comments:

  1. It's shocking to me how sitting in traffic is just normal back home. I mean, I haven't forgotten but it is always a shock to visit and not be able to get anywhere at anywhere near the speed limit. Where we live now, we never have to factor in traffic. The travel time Google Maps says it will take, that's exactly how long it takes. Imagine a place where 70% of the highways have no speed limit, and you can actually find out how fast your car can go everytime you go to work. It's a quality of life issue for commuters. Although the view from the Alaskan Way Viaduct made the commute "romantic" as you say: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would Love no speed limit highways! At least ours here in IA are empty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Always Welcome~