March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, March 1, 2020

New Views~

Our second day of chipping - we were moving a bit slower!  The day was slightly overcast, but perfect for the work we were doing.  These piles, were full of dried leaves still attached to the branches & covered in dust.
Up the west edge~
Butch put the Bronco further up the hill, making the trek to the piles shorter.  It did sink in an inch or two, but the wide tires helped.  There was only one spot where the grass was torn.  Not nearly as bad as I expected.   
Many more~
Once we had the big pile at the bottom done, Butch decided he'd drive the Bronco in to the Timber & closer to the remaining piles. I just closed my eyes while he did it :-)
Chipping away~
My husband is the only person I know, who could have maneuvered the Bronco, chipper in tow, through the trees! There was only one place to get in & he just missed one of my little juniper bushes!
Clear at last!
By late afternoon, we were done! The piles of somewhat green leaves & chips are all that was left to tell the tale. I had a picture in my mind, when I'd started, of what it would look like. Now, I can't wait to see it all turn green! Wild Violets were as close to a ground cover as we had last spring. I hope they come back & multiply. With the honeysuckle gone, there will be a big increase in the amount of sunlight filtering down through the trees.
From the corner of the house~
What a change.  This change happened way faster than it would have, if Farah were still here.  Without her, clearing became my obsession.  Something to get me through the first very tough year...  It worked.
Another pair of worn out leather gloves~
I can't even count how many pair of gloves I've gone through.  We should own the company by now :-)  With several piles of chips ready to move, at least we made back some of the expense of the chipper with all the mulch.  

We went out for dinner, then took an evening drive.  A working weekend, but one of the finest of the year-to-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~