March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, March 20, 2020

Welcome Spring?

Our first spring morning!  21 degrees with a blowing wind & feels like of around 10!  Ice on the Explorer...  With our new virus scare, we did have bible study this morning.  Only five of us, so well under the prescribed limit.  Even here in our smaller neck of the woods, things have changed for everyone.  I miss going to the Y...   Over 14-months of working out three days a week, it's a hard habit to give up.  Now, I'm back to my stationary bike :-(  Our Matt-makers weekly group has cancelled & I cancelled our monthly garden club meeting too.  It's been very quiet at night, only a few people out for evening walks.

As far as anyone knows, no one in our town is sick & all pray it remains so.  I stopped at our local grocery on the square to pick up a few things.  They were well stocked.  Thank You to ownership & steadfast employees for working above & beyond to keep our town supplied.
Ice!  Defrost ON!
Late winter - mostly Beautiful!  I've bragged about some spectacular days!  Yesterday started with overcast & light rain, but the temperature climbed to over 60 degrees!  Strange - indicative of change.  I went out during our afternoon sun break to take a few photos of my trails.
Behind the Cabin~
I removed the last two small piles of debris from this area & added several wheelbarrows of mulch at the top.
1-10-18  Just west of the same area~
To think of the hours of hauling it took just to get this one area cleared.  Whenever the sun shines, I'm still seeing the glint of broken glass & can easily pick up a bucket full.
Bucket of "trash"~
Above is a typical bucket full of the odds & ends of years, of accumulated trash.  About every item ever used by man, I've found.  Even a dash clock out of an old car!  
Looking down from the top~
The mulch really has come in so handy.  I wish now I'd had twice as much!  I  used a lot at the top & start of this trail.  For now, old logs are my edging.  I'm not sure yet what I'll use to keep the trails marked.  Maybe just mowing will work - I'll see when things start growing.  (We also recovered three of the stall mats we'd used at the farm for Farah.  They work super well at the back & side of the horse trailer - converted storage unit!  As Butch said;  as long as Farah is alive, we keep the trailer!)
Lower Trail - along the creek~
To the right of the "V" is where the trail turns to go up to the cabin.  Instead of using the mulch to complete one trail, I used it on both. Therefore ending up with not enough to finish either one.
View from the front porch~
It doesn't look like 32 degrees with a nice breeze - at least from inside a nice warm house!  But when I went out - my hands told me it was too cold to think of working!

Nika & I sat out on the deck, late yesterday afternoon.  Watching as the sun disappeared, clouds moved in & temperatures dropped!  Next, thunder & lightening along with pouring rain!  We did have a tornado watch, but the brunt of the storm went south of us.  Just incredible to see temperatures drop from the 60's to the 20's overnight!  Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to much warmer temperatures - in the hope heat - will cook the virus to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~