March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Exceedingly Warm~

 We're moving into the warmest/hottest part of our summer season...  Not my favorite time, since working or riding outside can be somewhat miserable.  I like doing both!  Today, slated as the coolest for the next two-weeks, was a ride day.

I unloaded Breezy in Silver City & stopped to catch up on the news with Mari Jo.  I didn't stay long, since just standing in the sun was enough to bring on the sweat.  The trail, with it's shade is always appealing.

Breezy enjoys the shade~
The Walnuts provide the most beautiful canopy.  Our big Walnut in the front yard, sustained it's first injuries ever, in the big wind storm that rolled through overnight on the 8/9th.  (Wind gusts of 60-80 mph were recorded.  last Sat., Butch used a 24ft. ladder to cut away broken limbs.  One is still so high up he couldn't reach it.  
Bright Blues~
It's always a somewhat magical feeling to be out in nature.  My addiction of choice.  I'm thankful I found a replacement for all the time I used to spend in an actual saddle.  At least Breezy' s saddle has helped me to stay in shape, more fun than the gym!
On the Trestle~
The humidity was very high, but a slight wind from the south helped a little.  
Break spot~
The coolness inside the Hwy 34 underpass is always welcome in this kind of weather.
The train~
I'd left a little early today & heard the train coming from a way off!  I put on some speed & managed to make it in time for a picture!

At Agriland, the big fans were blowing & Butch has several projects underway.  He was under one of them when I rode in.  Soaked half-way to my waist, I headed for the front of the closest fan!  A coke over ice revived me.  By the time I decided to leave, the high haze of smoke had begun to move back in & the clouds blocked some of the sun's heat.
Nearing Keys Road~
The photo doesn't do justice to the smoke in the air.  Omaha is right on the edge of where the smoke from all the wildfires is moving across the US.  A friend in Ohio - said the sky is white with it.  Here, the weatherman says it's keeping our temperatures down a degree or two.  It won't help going into the end of the month, when we're to get  feel's like temperatures in the triple digits.
Four-miles to go~
I appreciated the break from the direct sun on the way back.  I saw five riders out today, the most I've seen so far this season with the exception of the organized ride in June.  Finishing off the 17-miles, I cooled off in Mari Jo's shop before heading home.  It may be a while, before I tackle riding again.  It's the time of year the corn sweats!  You can smell it in the air, some evenings.  Into the 90's & humidity isn't fun & I'll take the comfort of AC!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~