March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, July 16, 2021

Where the Tall Corn Grows!

 It had been over two-weeks since I'd been on the trail!  Time goes fast when you're having fun!  We were thrilled to have family visit.  Of course when they leave, I'm sad to see them go...  This day, I drove the Explorer with the new bike rack.  Watching the rear view mirror, Breezy didn't move At all on the rack.  Usually, driving the Bronco & using the older rack, the bike is in constant motion.  I may end up using the Explorer more.  I chatted with Mari Jo before leaving.

At the trail head~
If it looks hot & humid, it's because it was!  As excited as I was to be back on the trail, the heat/humidity was almost stifling.  I was only a couple miles south when I stopped to take a photo of the latest blown over tree.  As I was framing the shot, it settled another few inches.  I decided the best thing to do was to get under it as fast as I could.
Another downed tree :-(
There was, as always, lots of beauty.
I think these are Stinging Nettles in full flower~

Amid all the shades of green, any color at all stands out.  I didn't get walk over to make a close inspection.  My goal is to have as few bug bites as possible this season.

Breezy on the Silver Creek Trestle~
At times, the wind would come up & what a relief it was.  I surprised myself, by making it to Agriland in just under an hour.  I stayed in front of the big fan to cool down, while Butch got our coke & ice.  A busy place as usual, I stayed long enough to see some of the on-going projects.

Going back, it seemed in places like the humidity was even heavier than in others.  Of course the water in the pond added moisture I'm sure!
Cattails growing!
Our Verve Facebook page, still has somewhat of an on-going discussion about tires.  The ones on my Verve 3 were an upgrade & so far I'm happy with the way the bike responds to different surfaces.
A typical road crossing~
I don't' go flying across these or make any sudden turns, but it does take a little finesse to cross.

Tall, sweating Corn!
I was amazed at how much the corn has grown since my ride the end of June!  The two or three rain storms really helped.  I slowed down on the way back & took an extra electrolyte.  
New bridge at Silver City~
Wanted to get in just over seventeen-miles, I went past Happy Trails & over to the bridge before turning off my Garmin.  Once I downloaded my stats, I'd matched my last time over this route.  Not too bad after two-weeks.  My leg continues to improve & much of the pain in my ankle has resolved, making it easier to pedal in a more balanced fashion.

Settling into the Explorers comfortable seat for the ride home was really nice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~