March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Appreciating the Park~

 Another great day in a seven day period.  Tomorrow is forecast to be in the 70's but with high wind gusts.  The round of welcome rain/snow/slush had made the Wabash way too wet to ride.  The closest again & my favorite go-to place - Lake Manawa would get me on the trails. 

Southern Trail~
The beginning of the green is at least a week overdue, when I look back on prior years.  Even without one of my favorite colors, it was another great day to be outside.  The air smelled fresh & clean after the last weeks rain.
Trail markers~
I've yet to find where the mileage starts, but there are plenty of markers on this portion of the trail system.  I didn't realize this section was not part of the Lake Manawa trail system.
Along the eastern edge~
Another almost windless day too, a real bonus for March.  There were a few riders out, more than I see during the week.  I'd parked within the park boundary, rather than out at the Wabash trail head.
Smokey in the bike path :-)
I was taking it easy today, no goal of miles I wanted to cover, just a cruize around.  The road above goes along the golf course & is a nice break from the traffic on Veteran's Memorial Hwy.  I followed it up to the old campground & did that circuit before continuing on.
SW corner of the lake, just across the Indian Creek Bridge~
 Riding up the long straight stretch along the west side of Indian Creek, the wind was blowing right at me :-(  It took some effort to keep pedaling!  :-)  I stopped on the far side of the bridge for a breather, when a lady walking her dog stopped to chat.  It was just that kind of day.  She admired Smokey, saying her son had worked for Cannondale & had always said they were the best bikes made.  I didn't ask when that was - even major brands once manufactured in the US are now made overseas.
Back on the beautiful southern trail~
No young Eagles were flying today, it was pretty quiet.  Even though this is our sixth-year back in my home state, I still can't get over all the sunshine days & bright blue skies.
Another trail marker~
At least here, the trail must start at the Indian Creek Bridge, as the  mileage was correct!  Now I want to find where the "Lake Manawa" trail system ends?  I finished  up my ride at just over ten miles.  Smokey & I managed a 35-mile week!  Pretty good for so early in the year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~