March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

First Ride of March ~

 The first day of March, we're getting so close to spring!  A perfect day, March coming in like a lamb!  It's been dry enough the trail is rideable!  It was a warm & beautiful, without the winds that will come with the month.

Smokey on the Keg Creek Bridge~
I consider this a tough portion of the trail with a nice uphill grade the four miles into Margaritaville.  The grade continues all the way to Council Bluffs.  It's a challenge early in the season before I've done many miles.
Uncaring riders leaving huge ruts~
Its discusting to see the ruts left by riders who disregard the conditon of the trail surface & ride when it's too soft...  It takes so much work to smooth out.  
Blown over tree :-(
A nice sized tree blown over in some of the heavy winds we've been getting.  I appreciate the shade of the trees so much in the summer months.  Once I arrived at Margaritaville, I continued on to Dumfries to make it a full four-miles one-way.
Turn-around south of Dumfries~
The new Lewis & Clark Trail signs are such a nice addition.  It was very quiet today & nice to return to the peace of the countryside after riding at the lake.
Margaritaville ~
I stop & take a break on the swing, when the area isn't busy.  This time of year it's usually not.  The sky was so pretty today - I stayed a little longer than usual.
Mineola overlook~
This part of the countryside is one of my favorites.  The rolling farmland & open spaces are beautiful any time of year.
Mineola Countryside~
On the way back, Smokey flew!  The only thing slowing us down, was avoiding the ruts.  I only saw one other rider the entire way.  It was so refreshing to be back on the trail.  My last visit to this particular section of was my first ride of the new year in January.  It's unusual for the trail to be rideable so early in the season - I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~