March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, April 11, 2022

Back at the Lake ~

 Two nice days in a row, the rest of the week is iffy.  I decided to ride while the sun was shining & the wind wasn't blowing as hard as usual.  This spring, we've had more wind than we've experienced since our move here.  Even the weatherman is looking for the off switch!

Train sitting under I-29
Since I'd been on the limestone yesterday, I decided to ride on the nice hard surface trails at Lake Manawa again.  I parked at the north Wabash trailhead & rode the longer route over to the park.  I was still a little stiff from yesterday's ride.
Entering the park trails~
It was another beautiful spring day!  I love being out on days like these.  It would be wonderful to get a several in a row, but I'll take what mother nature gives us.  Before long, the grass will be growing & I'll be getting my exercise mowing the lawn & weedwhacking.  I actually look forward to my summer season chores.
My rest spot~
This pile of wood debris is my usual rest spot in the old campground.  I looked for the Coyote, but if he was around, I didn't see him.
The path to the picnic area~
There were just a few people in the park, part of the reason I enjoy the weekdays.  At the picnic area, it was so beautiful I decided to stay & enjoy the view awhile.  
Along the shore~
The blue sky was So blue the water almost looked turquoise.  The birds, light breeze & small waves lapping the shore  were the only sounds.  The trees, with their leaf buds ready to pop open, shimmered in the sun.  Too soon, it was time to head back.  I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the ride at this spot.

I covered the fourteen plus miles in under two hours, about my usual time.  If this park were closer, I'd be out every day!  I can say the same for the Wabash & envy Mari Jo being within walking distance.  

I'm So excited!  My husband will be Home this upcoming weekend!  It seems like forever since I've seen him!  We talk about his daily drives & the country he sees.  I'm keeping a daily log of his drives from where he spends the night to the next spot & notes on how his day went.  I feel closer to him when I hear his stories from the road.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~