March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Happy Trails Open for the Season!

 Another break in our tumultuous spring weather!  The winds have been incredible, the storms bring hardly any rain, just more wind...  

Yesterday Butch & Big Red returned to the road, heading back across the state of Iowa to Dubuque.  He dropped off a load at John Deere before heading south, all the way to Texas.  

Smokey!
With lighter wind & a warmer day, I drove to Silver City.  It's great to have the trail open again & I've appreciated returning to my favorite section.  
Beginning of greens~
The buds on the trees are now showing green, as is the grass along the trail's edge.  It seems like spring has taken forever to arrive this year.  The lack of rain hasn't helped.
Rest break - Malvern
Reaching Malvern, I texted our Grandson Ben & sent him the photo above.  We used to ride on the Centennial Trail in WA.  It's still difficult not having the Grand-kids closer.  
Heading back~
I felt better than I'd expected on this ride & made my best time yet.  Today, the Cardinal's were out & flying across the trail in front of me!  They are impossible to miss!
Plum blossoms~
It was also hard to miss the blooms on the plum bushes!  Even with the wind - I did manage a picture of them & the smell is so sweet!  
Smokey at Happy Trails!
Great to see the "Open" flag flying at Happy Trails! It was fun to see Mari Jo outside enjoying the nice day, but we both wished she had ridden with me!  Now our rides will be on Monday's, weather permitting.  If you're in Silver City, make it a point to stop in, say Hi & shop!  Mari Jo stocks some wonderful biking assessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~