March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Back on my Bike~

 Yesterday was windless, I worked outside.  Today, forecast as the nicer of the weekend, the wind had returned.  It had been over two-weeks since I'd been riding.  Cold weather, a slushy snow & plenty of wind had disuaded me.  Very sad after having three days in a week nice enough to ride - in March!

On Sunday the 20th, I was cutting down a big dead snag hung up in another tree.  As I made the final cut, with my Saws All  it kicked back as it fell.  Hitting my left leg on the shin bone, it scraped all the way from just below the knee to my ankle.  A few days later, when the swelling hadn't gone down, I ended up on antibiotics.  Today was the first time it felt good enough to ride.

Under I-29
I decided to leave from Tastee Treat.  Once I got out on the trail, I started to regret my decision.  The wind was whipping across the open & making headway against it was a chore.  It's just about two-miles to the park trails.
Road by the gold course, a bike path~
At least the wind was blowing more from the north, instead of every direction, so I had a break from it now & then.  At the end of the road above - is the the old RV park.  It's gated & closed off for vehicles, but there's room to ride around the gate.  I circle the area & usually stop for a short break.
Coyote!
I was riding up the side, when I saw this Coyote cross the road not 100-ft in front of me!  He stopped to watch me, so I stopped to try & get a photo.  He was very handsome & healthy looking!  Watching him move, was like watching Kitt again.  All the brush piles make excellent habitat for a den.  I'll be sad to see all this bulldozed away for whatever will be built here.
Found it!  0.0
I was so lucky!  The wind was at my back going up the long stretch along Indian Creek.  At the bridge - I found the marker I'd been looking for!  The beginning point of the Lake Manawa trails.  
At the lake~
I took the turn to ride down to the lake.  It's such a pretty spot & even on a Saturday, no one was around.
Skyscrapers of Omaha~
I sat to enjoy the sunshine for a while before heading back.  
Under the train tracks~
This time, the wind had switched direction & again I was riding into it.  At least there's a few downhill sections where I could get up some speed.  The ball fields were full of players & cars lined the E. South Omaha Bridge road on the way to the trailhead parking.
My 13.5-mile route~
We've gotten just enough small rain amounts that the Wabash is still soft in places.  With the recent wind, I'm hopeful to ride there this coming week.  It felt so good to be out again.  The smooth surface trails of the park have spoiled me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~