March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, May 20, 2022

The Canopy is Closing!

 A totally perfect day - at least in my opinion!  Mid-60's & a high overcast, very little wind.  Time to get out on the trail!  This time of year, every ride, I see changes.  In just the past week, the growing corn shoots have turned most of the fields from the brown of bare earth, to the light green of growth!

Corn growing!
Mari Jo told me the Birds & Bee's riders had been through.  Thankfully, ahead of me & already at the park in Malvern.  They will be in the area through Monday, giving Mari Jo a busy weekend. 

On the trail!
Such a pretty sight - looking up & seeing the Walnuts opening their leaves!  Such smart trees, they are the first to lose their leaves in the fall & the last to open them in the spring.  It saves them from a lot of wind damage.  But even then - if one of the thankfully rare Derecho's come through - the trees seem to take the brunt of it.

Since it was a cool day & perfect riding weather, I decided to limit my stops & see just how quickly I could make it to Malvern.  When I combine riding once a week, with the mowing, I'm getting into better shape.

Smokey under the floral arch~
The arch is filling out fast & the Phlox is so showy in the shade! 
Phlox~
I stopped at the Depot to take my break & my timing was perfect!  Donnie called to say the Bronco was repaired!  I had to go see for myself!  He had found that the ignition module had not been replaced.  Just the coil...  I could hardly believe that - when I'd been told the original garage had replaced the module two times?  As Butch reminded me, there's a difference between parts changers & mechanics.  

Since I had the bike with me & the Explorer waiting in Silver City, I'll have a friend run me over  on Monday to pick the Bronco up.  Donnie had taken it out for a couple drives & said it's running just fine!  He has a Ford Truck with the same engine & same year.  Neither of us plan to get rid of either vehicle anytime soon!
The Bronco & Smokey~
I turned back south & realized the wind had come up & was blowing out of the north.  I had a good workout getting back to the Explorer.  I caught up with Mari Jo & drank my usual bottle of cold water before heading home.  
On the bridge, on the way north~
Now, I'll be splitting my time between keeping up with my mowing & riding!  I'm thankful Butch hired the yard mowing done.  The woods, marsh & around the Cabin will be plenty to try to keep up with!  In the winter when I'm cold, I look forward to summer.  Summer when it's cooking hot/humid, I look forward to winter :-)  Now, I look forward to the next time my husband comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~