March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Night Lights & Plants~

 One of my favorite things about fall, is lighting.  Even though the days are getting shorter & shorter, it's such a homey feeling to enjoy decorative lighting, both inside & out.  We're due to have our first frost this weekend - so all my flowers, now in their full glory, will be done.  I'll bring in a few for the winter months, but I don't have room for them all!  The outside lights give me more time to enjoy my plants near the house, for a little while longer.

Red ivy leaf geranium's
I'd looked for several seasons for vining gernamium baskets without success.  This year though, our small local grocery got a few in & they were red!  I about gave up on them mid-summer, they didn't like all the heat from the south exposure.  But as the temperatures moderated they started filling out & blooming!  I'll be setting them in & out for the next few weeks, to extend my enjoyment for a few more weeks anyway!

Back deck~
My red mini-blooming geranium's (on the plant stands) were grown from cuttings off the mother plants I'd wintered over last year.  This spring they grew so fast I had to re-pot them into 8" clay.  Now, they'll move into the cabin by the south facing doors.  
One of the blooms~
We ended up with privacy panels on the east end deck & all the plants love the diffused light.  It blocks some of the wind & makes such a nice little seating area.
The Cabin stays decorated in blue.  The little wooden wreath I've had for over twenty years & it goes up under the covered area each fall.
Cabin~
The planted flower bed below, was the first one I put in.  It's grown & filled out more with each season.  The lights against the black back drop of the woods, gives some depth to the view of the yard from the house.
Purple blooming hostas~
Two years ago, I found a spider plant at Sherbondy's in Council Bluffs.  I'd found the rusted rod iron plant stand & the spider plant was perfect for it.  It was much smaller last year & spent the winter months in the spare room.  This year it's even bigger & the stand has disappeared!
Spider Plant~
Spider Plants can take temperatures down to about 40 degrees, so with the upcoming freeze scheduled for early Saturday morning, this plant will be coming in!  I'll have to get used to things looking bare - but I'll delay that as long as possible.  It's always an adjustment after the lush summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~