March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Thursday, July 6, 2023

A Perfect July Day ~

 Incredibly amazing weather in the month of July!  After inches of refreshing rain, to have more than just a day is wonderful.  This stretch of mild days, mid-70's, low humidity & light breezes are what summertime dreams are made of!  

Smokey at "Silver Spokes"~
Newly open - Silver Spokes will be an asset to Silver City & the surrounding area.  Smokey wanted his picture taken - then mentioned something about; discriminatory since his spokes are black!  :-)  I ordered chicken wings to take-out for my dinner & they were great!  The inside of the building had a complete makeover & looks fresh & inviting.  With great service & good food - there will be many happy customers to come - I'm sure!
Walnuts~
The Walnuts are totally leafed out now & the greens are so intense against the clear blue skies.  Almost like riding into a different world, from the planted fields all around.  It was so nice to be out in the fresh air, enjoying a day like this - this month!
On the Trestle~
I was moving right along, always appreciative of the quiet.  The birds were out in numbers today, flying back & forth across the trail.  I did find more ripe Mulberries & stopped a couple times to pick & enjoy them.
At the pond~
I didn't ride the short way up to the Depot.  Instead I turned off at the pond & rode around it before taking my break.  I called Butch, who was still on his way west.  I'm hopeful that direction will change shortly!  

Our daughter Jentry & Granddaughter's Skyla & Josie, will be on their way here for a visit next week!  The first time they've made it to Iowa since our move! Now, Butch is being dispatched from Jacko, we have yet to find out  if they can manage the dispatch home!  We're coming up on a month since his last short visit, too long!
Hemerocallis "Mighty Chestnut"
At home, I found my favorite day lily with it's first bloom's of the season!  Purchased at a local hardware store a few years ago, I fell in love with it's color.  From one little plant, I've divided it several times & each new plant is as hearty at the original!  The bloom is huge, the color is striking & it blooms for weeks!
A cutting planted last fall~
Being in partial shade doesn't deter it & the brilliant orange is a highlight, with the old fashioned day lily's I've transplanted up from the marsh & free seeding marigolds.
I'm so excited to see the girls!  Jentry tells me they are both taller than I am now. The last time I saw them, fall of 2020, I still had a very slight advantage.  No longer, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~