March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blowin' off Steam~

Well... Here we are, the end of January & no trails for us again this month.  The surface of the ground looks fine & dry.  But less than 1/4 inch down its frozen solid & Very slippery.  I went out to the barn, with more cold weather coming in, I wanted to give Farah a good going over.
Checking out the pasture horses~
As I was grooming her, a few lose hairs were coming off!  The start of the shedding season already?  Ryan had been out last week for Farah's trim & her feet look the best they have in months.
Heel support~
Since the round pen was dry, I turned her out for some exercise. She took off at a trot, moving like only Farah can.
Trot~
In just a few strides she exploded into a gallop & made short work of the large round pen.


She loves to do her snorting & blowing.  She does it under saddle too & it's the funniest feeling when her lungs expand.  I can hardly believe that she'll be coming twelve this spring.
Digging in~
I love to see her at liberty.  The athleticism of the equine species is always something to behold.  She didn't break a sweat, I really didn't want her to.  I took my new stick with it's flag & rubbed her all over.  I just got the Look...  no kicking out - I know she remembered that game.

After all our years together, we can read each other pretty well.  I hope this spring finds her a little calmer than in previous years.  As soon as weather permits, I want to get her working at something.  I keep saying we'll use the arena - maybe it's time to just Do it!  

4 comments:

Always Welcome~