March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Creekside Cabin~

We've sure missed our little Cottage...  Butch started the build in 1998. It served as our weekend morning retreat, cold evenings get-a-way & once the grand-kids started arriving - a place for them to find the ever full jar of creamy mint candies.
Under Construction
It was small, only 8x10, but still enough room for a couple chairs, a table & place to put my totes of seasonal decoration.  I was in Greenfield with Mom in 2000, visiting my Grandmother.  While looking around in the local antique shop - I found a little swan planter that became the start of a collection for the cottage.
12-1-2013 Cottage interior~
 When we were in the midst of packing, Mason & Cassidy came for a weekend.  They wanted to help with something - so working out in the Cottage seemed like the perfect place.  Mason tore the bubble wrap into singles, I was on the ladder handing each one down to Cassidy - who did the wrapping.  We filled five apple boxes - that are stacked in the craft room.

Now that we have more space, I'm so happy to be back to walking in the woods.  Once home from the flower show, it was such a nice afternoon, I found my pruners & went to work on the new area along the creek & into the timber.  It's been fun to get a feel for the land.
The Spot~
I'm working out where I want a trail to go. There's a spot or two that might work for a little cabin. Our Cottage was built with the odds's & end's left over from several of Butch's projects. Neither of us is sure just what we might do. It won't happen tomorrow - but the idea for another get-a-way has found it's way on, to our list of future projects. Those swans may have a new home yet!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love something like this too, but with Mr Shoes' workload, I suspect he would balk at the idea.
    I am constantly searching for new places to add trails onto our system - I carry survey tape with me to mark all the spots I see when the leaves are down that I can't see in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll be waiting a while! What fun for you though! I was sad when I ran out of places for new trail on the Homestead.

      Delete

Always Welcome~