March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, February 23, 2018

The Melt~

The Sun!  The Sun!  After the frozen sleet storm last night - the ice we had - had a new coating of ice.  But the Sun & blue skies brightened my mood substantially.  I texted Butch & told him to pick me up for lunch at the Gathering Place.  Time to see some friendly faces!  Kay's wonderful Chicken & Rice soup hit the spot!  Everyone is missing Linus - who's in Africa on a Missionary trip!
Cardinal~
As Butch dropped me off, I couldn't help but see the bright little burst of red in the tree across the street!  I went in for the zoom & Mr. Cardinal was still there!   I'm so excited to be able to capture photos of some of the beautiful birds here!  We're putting up a feeder soon & looking for the most squirrel proof model we can find.
Toward Tinkle Branch~
It's surprising how the sun will start things melting, even when the temperatures are hovering just above freezing.  Now, those temperatures feel warm - so I know I've acclimatized :-)
Melting snow & frozen sleet~
I have to admit that the freezing sleet fascinates me.  The other evening we had what the weather forecaster called "Thunder Sleet", with lightening.  Mid-west weather is in a class of it's own :-) 
The Timber~
As the Cardinal flew away, it felt so good to be outside - that I took a walk.  Monday, I'd slipped & fallen just a step off our front porch.  A nice hard fall on my left shoulder & hip!  I gave thanks that nothing broke, so I'm now on full alert when it comes to ice so clear you hardly know its there...  It's less risky walking in the woods than it is on the sidewalks - since so many are still sheets of ice.
Creek Trail~
My new trails show up better with the snow covered ground than they do dry.  I won't be hauling wheelbarrow loads of ground cedar bark for these trails.  I learned that all that hauling only gave me a trail surface for a few years in WA, before they composted back to soil.

With another snow storm due tonight - I'm just hopeful that next weeks forecast for a day in the low 50's holds true.  Winter...  I'm ready to be done with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~