March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, July 15, 2019

Flying the coop~

It's just amazing to me that a tiny chick can emerge from an egg & in five days, fly away!   We're experienced now with how this event unfolds on our front porch.  Sunday morning, when I went out to water, I almost poured water on the tiny fledgling below,  already out of the nest!
The most adventuresome of the chicks~
 Looking closer - another - in the photo below - was sitting on the opposite side of the basket.
Chick #2
The third, was still in the nest & was probably the last to hatch. He was still there this morning when I left home. Butch had seen the male come by with food earlier. By the time I got home this afternoon, the final chick was gone & that was a relief - after what we went through last year - trying to get "little Joe" to take flight!
Daddy in the Walnut~
Last evening, the male spent a lot of time hanging around the porch, trying to convince the last chick to join the rest of the family. He posed for me several times, but when I saw him land on the sign I had to laugh out loud! Yes, Cardinals can read! :-)
What can I say?
Now the weatherman is telling us that the heat is On! We're to reach 100 by Wed. at the latest & it will last for at least a three-day stretch, before cooler air moves in the first of next week. Plenty of time to spend watering & being thankful for Air Conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~