March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, June 21, 2021

First Ride of Summer ~

 We had just enough rain Sunday morning to add humidity to what was to be another day in the 90's.    When we returned home from a Father's day drive, the wind picked up & blew the heat & humidity out!  Within just an hour or so, temperature's dropped substantially.  

Today, was as I'd hoped - Cooler!  I spent the morning mowing, then after lunch, loaded Breezy for the drive to Silver City.  Mari Jo had a appointment, Butch was driving an activity, so I was on my own.

Breezy watching the corn grow :-)
Butch was telling me - with the new modified corn - it's expected to be waist high by the fourth-of-July.  A change from when I was a kid & knee high was considered on track.  The 70's felt almost cool in the shade on the trail.  There was a lot of wind & some good gusts, more than we'd had a home.
On the trail~
It's so lush & beautiful this time of year, enveloping the senses.  The wind even kept the insects away.  The limbs blown down last week, had been removed.
At the Trestle, 14-miles to Imogene~
My leg was stiff & sore today.  Of course mowing for a few hours, before riding,  probably didn't do it any good.  Doing without the Gabapentin for a week now, has been difficult.  It covered more than just the ache & pain of my leg. 

I'd taken two bottles of water & emptied one by the time I reached Malvern.  I took a short break in the shade by the little depot.  I'd only seen three riders on the trail.  With the nice weather, I was surprised there weren't more.
Today's break spot~
I went to the far side of town to where the trail crosses the main road & passed Fast Stop before turning back.
Breezy & a BIG friend!
A few months ago, the wind actually blew the big bike down!  Since then, it's been reinforced with additional braces to the concrete pad.  The antique town sign, adds a nice touch.
The rear view~
I started running out of steam on the way back.   When a large cloud came over, the temperature would drop & once it almost felt like rain.  This section has seen a lot more rain than we have in Glenwood.  There was one place in the shade where my front tire slipped on the wet surface.  The trail was heavily rutted in many places.
Coming into Silver City from the south~
It was a relief to see town up ahead.  When I downloaded my stats though, my overall speed was actually up 2/10ths of a mile over my last ride here a week ago.  It was super hot that ride, which is probably the difference.  I missed my visit to Butch's shop & my cold coke too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~