March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Back on Track ~

 Today, slated as the coolest for the next long while, I drove the twelve-miles to Silver City.  After a short chat with Mari Jo, Breezy & I were on the trail.

Toward Malvern~

This section was the first I rode on my own, over a year ago now.  It's also become my go-to for afternoon rides.  It's the closest trail access from home.  

The round-trip on this section, is just about 17-miles.  The half-way in Malvern, at Agriland makes a perfect rest-stop, to visit Butch.  There's also no big hills, just gradual inclines, which have worked well during my leg's rehabilitation.  

On the Trestle~

Though warm, in the mid-80's, the clouds floating by overhead offered relief from direct sun.  In the shade of the trees, the temperature on the trail is probably five-degrees cooler.  There was just the lightest of breezes.

The river flows by~
The feel of summer is in the air.  The warming temperatures, after a somewhat strange & cool spring, is something many are looking forward to.
Roof tops of Agriland~

The roof of the shop can just be seen above the growing cattails in the marsh.  The birds love this area too.  I pulled into the shop, one of the men went to find Butch & offered me a coke, out of the recently donated refrigerator!  Now, the crew can buy & keep drinks cold, rather than using a pop machine.  I stayed to visit for a while, but wanted to be back in Silver City by five.

The Trail Arch~
Leaving Malvern near the Station, I noticed the flowering vines on the arch are almost ready to bloom!  They looked so dead earlier in the spring, it's always a surprise to see they survived another winter.

I took it easy today, my leg still sore from the weekend.  Even so, I matched my latest travel time on this section of the trail.
A beautiful view~

The sun was reflecting off the water in the creek.  An outflow from the nearby pond added the sound of running water.  

The latest seat I'm trying out, seems to be working.  My balance, stopping & starting on Breezy has really improved too!  I'm hoping I'll stay motivated to ride in the heat - this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~