March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August Miles ~

 Summer seems to be going by fast.  It's easy to be lulled by the sweetness of perfect, warm days.  Of course, it is August & things will change quickly back to the heat the month is famous for.

South of Silver City, the corn is huge!
The wind was blowing more so than in Glenwood.  15-20 mph out of the south, southeast.  Riding into it, took effort.  The trail is always so beautiful & I love hearing the sound of just the wind in the trees.
Breezy with the Walnut trees~
The wind had blown one tree down, just south of town, but it was laying on the surface of the trail, so easy to lift Breezy over.  I passed one couple, the lady was riding a Townie!
On the Trestle~
It wasn't long, until I was riding in the shop doors at Agriland.  Butch had been working in the far end.  He pointed to a fan when he saw me.  With the higher humidity, my shirt was soaked.  Our coke was so cold - it was almost a slushy & so good!  I checked out my husbands latest projects, before leaving again for Silver City.  At least going north, the wind was mostly at my back.
Stinging Nettles~

Finally, I identified the rich smell!  It's the time of year the Nettles bloom.  There are so many, the smell fills the air.  Leaving Malvern, I was almost to the first small bridge, when I saw something moving at the edge.  This bridge has a good dip down from the level of the trail.  Someone had packed in dirt to reduce the bump.  Right in the middle of this dirt strip, the tiniest bird ever was taking a dust bath!  Why that particular spot was so special I have no idea - but he was sure cute.

Almost back~ 
A brilliant spot of orange flew up out of the blooming sunflowers & accompanied me down the trail for a way.  A huge Monarch butterfly!  He was so brilliant against the sun.  Back at Happy Trails, Mari Jo took off for home again, returning with several more huge, ripe tomatoes!  BLT's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~