March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Hard Riding~

 We'd had a somewhat cooler morning.  Cool enough I decided to go out to the trail.  The day continued to warm though & the humidity has been high for what seems like forever.  With just over a week since I'd been on Breezy, I was looking forward to the open spaces of the Wabash.

Soy Bean field, south of Silver City~
After a light rain on Sunday, the trail was dry.  I debated how far I would ride, once I was out there & felt the heat...  First I decided an 8-mile round-trip to the bridge would be enough.
On the bridge, signs of fall~
But...  Once I got to the bridge, I talked myself into going further.  My next destination would be the underpass at Hwy 34.  If I turned back there, I'd get in 12-miles round-trip.
Silver Creek~
Not nearly as dry as last year this time, the creek was flowing.  By the time I got to the underpass, I talked myself into going all the way to Malvern.  
Scrub Butterweed~
Seeing the bright yellow flowers above was a bonus!  It was about this time I realized my motivation, since I'd started riding this section of trail, was visiting my husband at Agriland.  The break by a fan & a cold coke made for such a nice incentive, now gone forever.
Almost to Malvern~
I rode around the lake at the park before reaching town.  The Canadian Geese have taken it over!  The water level was down, the Geese are raising a large brood of young & the sidewalk was a mess.  Sooner or later they'll probably have to be relocated.

I stayed for a few minutes at the Malvern Depot.  It was hot, I was already tired & wishing I'd turned back earlier.  Breezy was up for getting me back, I just had to provide the pedal power.
Breezy back at the flowers~
Only one other rider was on the trail, a tall guy riding a bike with larger tires.  I could hear the noise from the tires as he approached.  I'm glad Breezy is so quiet!  Only a few birds out today, I thought more than once how quiet the day was.  Without wind, the heat & humidity are a burden even to the wildlife.  It felt like a tough 17-miles...
Natures bouquet~
Back at Happy Trails, there was a bag hanging from my bike rack!  Full of fresh tomatoes!  I heard a hail, as Mari Jo came walking up from her house.  She was hoping I didn't have stewed tomatoes!  :-)  

Once home, I'd no more than put Breezy away than Butch called.  He did return to driving a dump truck last week.  He's driving the older truck he likes the best.  He's aptly named it; Red DogRed Dog had broken down with his last load at Google, where he'd been hauling dirt all day.  I returned to the Explorer & picked him up!  Red Dog is in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~