March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, October 22, 2021

Leaf Fall~

 Stunning - high clouds - mid-50's.  It had already been a week - again - since I'd been on my bike & on the trail...  We had our first freeze last night.  The weatherman said we're about a week or more behind on our fall color.  Nighttime temperatures had been so moderate up to now.

Say Ah...

Mari Jo is back from her vacation, she was walking Gracie as I was leaving.  We're planning on a ride next week.  Rain is supposed to move in over the weekend.  The farmers were out in force, harvesting the fields.  There was just enough wind to take the leaves off the trees.  It was like riding through a rain shower of gold.

Gorgeous golds~
The walnuts are almost done with the short span of yellow color they provide.  Some of the other trees though, still sport their green leaves.  It won't be long, until the trail will look more open than it has during the summer months.  This is my first year riding in the fall & I'm enjoying it so much.
Breezy~
Breezy wanted a fall photo, so we found the most colorful spot on the trail so far.  I was only going to ride to the trestle.  When I got there, I decided to go a little further, it was just too nice, not to.
Can you guess?
Above, is the absolute standout for color right now.  Can you guess what the vine is?  It was striking even from a distance.  I rode out to 305th, just a mile from the Hwy 34 underpass.  I didn't have as much time & the days are getting shorter.  My round-trip was eleven-miles.
Rolling hills of home~
I've been wanting to stop to get this photo my last couple trips.  Now that the fields are coming down, our wide-open spaces are wide open!  The terracing really highlights how rolling the hills actually are in our corner of SW Iowa.  All those gradual grades I work to peddle along, on the trail.  

I hope we see more of these amazing days.  Fall is for sure, one of the best season's of the year.  I don't want it to end~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~